Choosing a name for your child is exciting but it can be intimidation, after all, you are taking a part in your child’s identity(no pressure here).
Things To Think About Before Choosing Your Childs Name.
- Name Popularity – If you choose a name that is “Very Popular” there’s a chance your child may end up in a class or social circle with three other kids with the same name.
- It’s important that both you and your husband agree on the same name.
- Spelling and Pronunciation – Say the name out loud, how does it sound? Make sure the name has a rhythm and think about spelling so its not too difficult for your child.
- Think about nicknames – research potential nicknames that fit nicely with the name, something short and sweet.
- Name Meaning – It might be important for you to choose a name with a special meaning and significance.
I know that it can be difficult to choose a name for your baby girl, especially with all the resources available. My advice is don’t overthink it, go with your gut, especially if a certain name keeps standing out to you.
If you are looking for name inspiration, here’s a list of beautiful and unique baby girl names.
Picking out a name for your baby is one of the first gifts you will give to your child. In the end, what matters the most if you love the name and a name you will enjoy calling your child.
What was your favorite name? Comment Below I would love to know!